Experience and Skills:
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Assists in day-to-day functions of the department;
* Works closely with Manager and Assistant Manager to assure cost effectiveness and proper care of facility;
* Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
* Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.)
* Performs minor painting, carpentry, and masonry work; prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, doors, restroom facilities, benches, railings, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
* Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service;
* Pressure washes concrete walkways, boardwalk and patio areas;
* Retrieves fish and debris from water features;
* Provides security escort of vendors and contractors during repair or maintenance of on-site services and systems;
* Hangs street banners and international flags;
* Hangs corporate pictures, bulletin boards and whiteboards;
* Sets up tables, chairs and special Chapel seating for the various events on properties;
* Assists in moving and/or dismantling or building of office desks;
* Provides details of asset management items on all properties;
* Provides support to mailroom personnel in the delivery of heavy boxes to building locations;
* Provides support to the Transportation and Distribution Manager, as needed, providing extra or emergency courier runs to Media-Comm, the warehouse, etc.; Performs other work related duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work flexible hours.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Two years’ working experience in facility maintenance.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
* Must be customer service oriented.
* Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
* Ability to work independently on assignments with minimal supervision and be on call 24/7.
* Ability to repair, replace, troubleshoot, identify and correct maintenance problems in buildings (i.e. carpentry, concrete, drywall, basic electrical (light monitoring and replacement), basic plumbing repairs and outside perimeter.)
* Requires a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record for insurance purposes.
* Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. and climb up to 25 ft. on ladder; use a 45 ft. lift.
* Knowledge of methods, practices, tools and materials used in building maintenance and repair work;
* The occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to building maintenance work.
* Skill in the use and care of hand tools and power equipment necessary to perform various building maintenance and repair tasks
* Operating a forklift and scissor lift. Must be able to gain certification.
* Electrical 480/277 120/208
* Pump motor repairs
* Basic HVAC
* Basic computer skills
* Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds
* Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
* Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents, batteries, etc.
* Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties
* Paints and solvents
Inspiration Ministries Core Values: